General Booking Agreement
For a mutually happy & effective working relationship, please take good note of the following:
1. All fees quoted are based on advanced payment, and are valid for 30 days only.
2. As any booking effectively removes Jason from the market for the agreed date(s), payment of a confirmation invoice is required to secure your booking, and to allow Jason to commence with any research, preparation, tailoring and support required for your event. A confirmation invoice will be emailed to you and unless otherwise stated, is payable within 14 days.
3. For all engagements under $20,000 AUD, the full fee is required upfront to secure and confirm your booking. Engagements over $20,000 AUD require at least 50% of the total quoted fee to secure and confirm your booking (with the balance due at least 30 days prior to the commencement of the engagement).
4. Cancellations made within 28 days of the agreed commencement date will result in a charge of the full booking fee. Postponements (or cancellations with more than 28 days notice) will result in a charge of 50% of the total cost (that is, 50% of the total fee is non-refundable).
5. In the extremely unlikely event of cancellation by Jason Fox Pty Ltd, all monies paid will be refunded immediately, or invested in credit towards an alternative event.
Travel arrangements & expenses
6. All reasonable out-of-pocket expenses related to this assignment are additional. This may include transfers, meals, internet access, parking and workshop materials as required. This will not include alcohol, gifts, or anything ridiculous.
7. For all work outside Melbourne, travel expenses including flights & accommodation are additional. Jason requires fully flexible Virgin flights, or business class for all flights longer than 3 hours duration (this includes all international flights).
Jason’s Virgin Velocity number is 2330013154. We choose to carbon offset our flights and prefer to make these bookings ourselves, as Jason’s itinerary is often complex.
8. Any additional expenses will be invoiced within 7 days after the conclusion of your event. Please note: we do not provide scanned copies of tax receipts for expenses unless you specify this as a requirement upon confirmation of the engagement.
9. If it’s a keynote, you may record Jason’s work, as long as you provide a master copy (and rights) to Jason for confirmation and authorisation before publication. We reserve the right to deny publication if the film, sound quality or context is poor. But otherwise, we love the idea.
10. To ensure your audience receives the best value, Jason has specific AV requirements for events. These are covered here—please revise and inform us if there are any issues well in advance.
11. Diversity makes for better thinking and better events. Thus, Jason does not speak on all-male panels and prefers to join a line up of diverse speakers. If you’re stuck, we’d be happy to suggest some brilliant female speakers and thought leaders. See speakerdiversity.com for more on this
12. Advice by Dr Jason Fox and the team at Jason Fox Pty Ltd (also trading as ‘The Cleverness’) is general in nature. By proceeding with confirmation, you agree to release Jason Fox Pty Ltd and all representatives from any and all liability.
13. Acknowledgement of this agreement via email and/or payment of the confirmation invoice indicates and confirms your agreement to all of the above.
Righto, let’s do this thing!
Want to check the guidebook again?
This pdf brochure provides an overview of the expertise I will bring to your event, and the effect we can create together for your audience.
Still have questions?
We always make sure that we're in abundant communications with you prior to your event—to arrange briefing calls, and work out any custom adjustments. If you have any questions in the mean time, get in touch!